forum de la communauté francophone de wrath of kings Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
after free agency began.

Répondre au sujet    forum de la communauté francophone de wrath of kings Index du Forum » forum de la communauté francophone de wrath of kings » Les membres. Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
after free agency began.
Auteur Message
chenyan94

Message after free agency began. Répondre en citant
Andrew Luck looked comfortable in his old spot Thursday. He took command of the huddle Matt Murray Jersey , made all the required throws, chatted with teammates and coaches and even critiqued himself. He avoided one personal concern by successfully handling the first snap, and he was serenaded by Indianapolis Colts‘ fans chanting his name.
Yes, after more than 19 months of answering questions about his surgically repaired throwing shoulder, Luck finally got a chance to show everyone exactly what he could do during the team’s first training camp workout Thursday.
”It was a good day, a solid day in windy conditions,” new coach Frank Reich said following a two-hour workout in shorts. ”I thought he looked strong, consistent, a good first day for him.”
The unofficial numbers: 4 of 9 with one interception in two rounds of 11-on-11 and 11 of 19 overall.
Of course, nobody expected Luck to be at his level best on Day 1.
The three-time Pro Bowler had surgery on a partially torn labrum in January 2017, missed all of last season with lingering pain and didn’t resume throwing again until May. He did light work during June’s three-day minicamp and ramped up his activity in California over the next six weeks.
Thursday marked the first time he worked out with the starting unit since the end of the 2016 season Womens Allen Robinson Jersey , and it was also his first real chance to get acclimated to Reich’s new offense.
”He doesn’t have the familiarity that we have when it comes to running the offense,” center Ryan Kelly said. ”I mean you can look at it on paper for so long, but until you’re out there and running it … So every so often in walkthroughs, he’d ask me a few questions. It’s usually the other way around, so it’s kind of weird right now.”
The Colts also weren’t about to ask anyone to do too much too fast. So rather than turn things loose, Reich instructed his players to slow it down for the first two days.
It showed.
But that’s not why so many fans showed up to the team’s new camp site, Grand Park Sports Campus, in Westfield, Indiana – a northern suburb of Indianapolis.
They wanted to see the team’s most anticipated camp appearance since Luck arrived in town with the title of No. 1 overall draft pick in 2012.
Some couldn’t wait. The line started forming more than two hours before practice began, and blue No. 12 jerseys were a favorite fashion option in the bleachers. When individual drills started to wrap up and it became obvious Luck was about to start throwing, one fan shouted: ”Get ready for the most anticipated pass.”
Luck did not speak with reporters after the workout though he was more talkative than usual on the field.
He started the afternoon with a brief conversation with Reich and could be seen discussing specific plays with receivers and offensive linemen throughout the afternoon.
Reich liked most of what he saw.
”Really good Mattias Janmark Jersey ,” he said. ”Being under center, running team periods, making plays, seeing him hit the big play to (Eric) Ebron, you know, taking control of the huddle, making some checks at the line of scrimmage, just doing what he does. I mean you could see it in his demeanor, you could see it in his eyes, working through his progressions. He was sharp.”
Luck is expected to throw again Friday. He will participate in Saturday’s practice, but will not throw and then will return to full action Sunday night when the Colts are scheduled to practice in pads.
The hope is he will be ready to play in the Colts’ preseason opener Aug. 9 at Seattle.
”Working together for so long Maxx Williams Jersey , we just went through a walkthrough for an hour and as soon as we did it, it was like old times. Same cadence,” Kelly said before practice. ”It’s crazy how fast things come back to you.”
Notes: The Colts activated offensive lineman Denzelle Good from the non-injury football list. Left tackle Anthony Castonzo and backup offensive lineman Austin Howard have been placed on the non-football injury list. Castonzo hurt his hamstring while working out this summer. Howard’s injury has not been disclosed.

The Jacksonville Jaguars unceremoniously dumped the longest-tenured player on their roster Tuesday, and he wasn't happy about it.
The Jaguars released veteran tight end Marcedes Lewis after 12 seasons to save $3.5 million in salary-cap space. The move came the same day Jacksonville parted ways with receiver Allen Hurns to save $7 million.
Both players are now free agents and can sign with any team that wants them.
Hurns' future had been in doubt since Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole emerged as big-play receivers late last season. Hurns really became expendable when the Jaguars signed two receivers last week, bringing back Marqise Lee and adding Donte Moncrief in free agency.
Lewis thought his spot was safe, even after Jacksonville signed Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Niles Paul last week. The Jaguars picked up an option in Lewis' contract last month.
Lewis told The Associated Press he felt "disrespected" by the timing of the move. It came a week after free agency began.
"I wish they would have done it sooner," he said. "I think I deserved a little better than this."
The 33-year-old Lewis, a first-round draft pick in 2006, played in 170 games with Jacksonville. His 375 receptions and 4,502 yards receiving both rank third in team history. His 33 receiving touchdowns are second-most in franchise history, trailing only Jimmy Smith (67).
He said he hopes to continue playing and would prefer to stay closer to his home and daughter in Los Angeles. Lewis has ties to former Jaguars coach and current Los Angeles Chargers defensive coordinator Gus Bradley Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey , and his college position coach, Jon Embree, is tight ends coach for the San Francisco 49ers. Also, former Jaguars offensive coordinator Greg Olson now holds the same position with the Oakland Raiders.
"I've still got a few more years left in me," Lewis said. "Any team that gets me will get a guy who does everything the right way on and off the field and with 100 percent effort. That's all I did in Jacksonville. I always did what they asked me to do, which is why the way they let me go is annoying in that sense."
Hurns would have been behind Lee and Moncrief on the depth chart, and Jacksonville felt his salary was too high for a backup who has missed 11 games the last two seasons.
Hurns has 189 receptions for 2,669 yards and 21 touchdowns in four years since signing with the Jaguars as an undrafted rookie from Miami. But he caught just 74 passes for 961 yards and five scores the last two years while dealing with a sports hernia in 2016 and a high ankle sprain in 2017.
 Pittsburgh Steelers Elite Jerseys

Mar 9 Oct - 03:15 (2018) Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Mar 9 Oct - 03:15 (2018)
Répondre au sujet    forum de la communauté francophone de wrath of kings Index du Forum » forum de la communauté francophone de wrath of kings » Les membres. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Portail | Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation